Author Topic: FAQ from Downing Street  (Read 856 times)

Dishmcds

• Party - UKRP
  • Look behind you
FAQ from Downing Street
« on: January 12, 2010, 09:33:34 pm »
So, as PM you get a lot of PMs, something I wasn't sure I remembered the first time around. I do try and answer them all as best I can, and direct people to the proper places (MoHA, forums, etc).

1. Can you send me moniez please?

Well, even as PM I work for standard Para wage in Q5, meaning I buy Q3 food. I don't make a ton, but I try to help where I can. In most cases, I'll direct them to CivGuns for weapons, the forums, and the MoHA/Gifting program. This usually gets them going in terms of learning Erepublik.

2. Why do we not have an Empire on Erepublik?

In Erepublik terms, it's not that easy. In order to have what most would refer to as the empire, we'd have to conquer about five other good size countries, and most experienced players can tell you it's near impossible to keep a country truly occupied. There are Alliances, which we are part of the Phoenix Alliance, and we're quite happy and respected by our allies. You'll see various trolls from EDEN telling us how shit we are, etc, but to be honest if those are people any of you would call friends, you don't need enemies.

3. Where can I get guns?

We run a free gun program for non-Military members, where they can get 2 free weapons, and 3 others for 1.50 GBP per weapon through a forum thread in the General section and the IRC channel on the Rizon server (#freeguns). We encourage you to join the Armed Forces, however, which helps us all, but if you're not into that kind of thing, all we ask is that you listen to MoD orders.

3. Why do I pay taxes?

Well, besides the gifting hub to gift new players, the weapons program which is currently very small and still costs upwards of 200+ GBP per day, and the expenses of the Armed Forces, to run these programs cost money. We still try to keep your wage at a nice level, and products on our markets are fairly cheap in terms of food, Moving tickets, etc, but income is still necessary.

4. If you're so worried about the Americans, why don't you attack them first?

Well, in short, we already have. It's not really necessary to do so again, and in reality we want to be smart and calculated with the battles we open (and pay for, by the way). We know that in some cases we may be merely blocking to help an ally like France or Germany or so on, but overall we want to minimise the damage that can be done in return.

5. [Insert fairly plain Attack Plan here]

I get about ten PM's a day telling me I should attack Spain, Norway, or so on. Please see question 4. We're not capable of beating anyone 1v1 just quite yet, although we're improving with some small adjustments to the military and more experience. We're not into any huge invasion plans at the moment, and we're not going to until our allies in Slovenia, Germany, and France are freed from EDEN rule. India will also be looking for a new home, since the US has recently had some issues with what India would like in return for "renting" (see: occupying) Karnataka from them. I'd prefer to work on those relationships first.

6. ZOMG Ireland is going to invade you!

No, they're not. I'm quite good friends with their current President, and we've always held strong relations with them. The US thinks that because they pay for a hospital and some fighting that Ireland will all of a sudden change. We've got news for them. Ireland is neutral, and they're quite happy with that for the time being.

Thanks
Dish
[size=150]Former 7 time Erepublikan President[/size]

Hermanos

Tomaz

Re: FAQ from Downing Street
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 09:58:42 pm »
First denied

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 11:34:55 pm »
Point 6 needs an update.
That guy with the really long name.

<+johnobrow> maybe Thatcher was right

Dorian Greyhound

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 08:45:43 am »
Quote from: "Dishmcds"
3. Where can I get guns?

We run a free gun program for non-Military members, where they can get 2 free weapons, and 3 others for 1.50 GBP per weapon through a forum thread in the General section and the IRC channel on the Rizon server (#freeguns). We encourage you to join the Armed Forces, however, which helps us all, but if you're not into that kind of thing, all we ask is that you listen to MoD orders.

Actually, it's one free gun per day and you can buy up to four others for 1.25GBP each :)

Max Blue

• Party - TUP
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 01:29:54 pm »
Quote from: "Dorian Greyhound"
Quote from: "Dishmcds"
3. Where can I get guns?

Actually, it's one free gun per day and you can buy up to four others for 1.25GBP each :)

When dish published this on Jan 10 he was correct. The system has been changed, but you are correct: 1 free weapon then you can buy 4 more at 1.25 GBP each.  :)

Dorian Greyhound

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 01:47:38 pm »
Hehe, indeed, I didn't read "January"  :oops: :D

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: