Author Topic: Problem with Relic's Nomination  (Read 3249 times)

Kumnaa

• Kumnaa
Re: Problem with Relic's Nomination
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2009, 10:54:19 am »
The HoL needs to be watched a little more closely. As paddyohale he is in the same situation, hes a lord in Congress.
17:49 <%A_Wellesley> We had some fun with eightball yesterday
17:49 <%A_Wellesley> According to it, I have a bigger penis than Dish

funky44

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2009, 11:04:45 am »
He stated clearly on the previous forum that he shouldn't be in the HoL since he was chosen for congress. Somehow he ended up here with a golden colour.
Founder of the House of Funk
People who can suck on "it". - V

[22:19:03] <Anaxima> I've been fisting

Kumnaa

• Kumnaa
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2009, 11:33:01 am »
jerryGFL as well, this jumping from Commons to Lords and back makes group managers sad :(

Shall I remove all the Lords that shouldn't be there then?

SKQ62

• Party - TUP
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2009, 11:38:00 am »
Quote from: "Kumnaa"
jerryGFL as well, this jumping from Commons to Lords and back makes group managers sad :(

Shall I remove all the Lords that shouldn't be there then?

Maybe we should rethink the House of Lords. Players should not be allowed to jump back and forth as and when it suits them really...

funky44

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2009, 11:43:30 am »
But doesn't jerry get posting rights for being URKP PP?

Kumnaa

• Kumnaa
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2009, 11:52:08 am »
I don't think so and from part one of the proposal

1. A Member of the House of Lords cannot be an active member of the Commons. If a Lord is elected to Commons, their privileges will be suspended from the HoL until they are no longer in Commons.

I think Jerry only has the power to vote on new members as a PP so I will go through the Lords and suspend all the ineligible ones after I've been shopping if nobody corrects me/somebody else hasn't already done it.

SKQ62

• Party - TUP
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2009, 12:02:32 pm »
Can anyone tell me where to find this HoL legislation? I want to cast a lawyer-ly eye over it and see what I can make of it...

HazzN

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2009, 12:06:56 pm »
The rules in question (passed through both Commons and Lords, so are legally binding).

Rule #3. 3. A Member of the House of Lords cannot be the Prime Minister, or a Prime Ministerial candidate.

1.A Member of the House of Lords cannot be an active member of the Commons. If a Lord is elected to Commons, their privileges will be suspended from the HoL until they are no longer in Commons.

It seems to me, and to most who have bothered to comment in HoC, that if Relic stands down from Lords, we have no problem here. Which frankly, is a relief.

Relic

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2009, 01:25:05 pm »
Quote from: "HazzN"
The rules in question (passed through both Commons and Lords, so are legally binding).

Rule #3. 3. A Member of the House of Lords cannot be the Prime Minister, or a Prime Ministerial candidate.

1.A Member of the House of Lords cannot be an active member of the Commons. If a Lord is elected to Commons, their privileges will be suspended from the HoL until they are no longer in Commons.

It seems to me, and to most who have bothered to comment in HoC, that if Relic stands down from Lords, we have no problem here. Which frankly, is a relief.

I didn't made a single post in Lords for 2 weeks now, due to that.
My lordship is ''frozen'' and if I do win, I'll resign official, until then I am still official Lord, though I have made no post in HoL or two weeks.

If you really want me to official resign now, then sure, I will, but I see no reasons, because I don't actually do something with it ( since I was nominated ), and of course I could lose elections, then the adding process all over again. I mean, duh .
<lotfire[IoI]> a pussy is a pussy
<lotfire[IoI]> and a dick is blind
______

The Earl of Nottingham
[20:25] <Relic> .fight relic vs. adolf hitler
[20:25] <~CCCPBot> Relic did 4222 damage to Adolf Hitler and won. Adolf Hitler did 1418

funky44

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2009, 01:28:08 pm »
Well technically you are a PM candidate, just state that you step out the HoL for the duration of the elections and all should be in order.

Will Salmon

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2009, 01:32:53 pm »
What's the purpose of this rule# 3.3 ?
Royal Navy CO
NI NHS Director
NI Senator for the Armed Services
(ex) MoMaS
(ex) British HC to Australia
Resident Ancient Historian
Claim to fame: Quoted by Bob and Rastari in their sigs
"Can You Hear What I'm Saying?" Avid fan

funky44

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2009, 01:35:17 pm »
Being a member of the HoL gives them voting rights. And a PM should be unbiased, that is what I make of it.

Will Salmon

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2009, 01:37:33 pm »
I realise it's too late to amend it in time, but perhaps in the future a PM candidate should have HoL voting rights removed rather than their HoL seat.
Royal Navy CO
NI NHS Director
NI Senator for the Armed Services
(ex) MoMaS
(ex) British HC to Australia
Resident Ancient Historian
Claim to fame: Quoted by Bob and Rastari in their sigs
"Can You Hear What I'm Saying?" Avid fan

SKQ62

• Party - TUP
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2009, 01:39:30 pm »
Quote from: "Relic"
I didn't made a single post in Lords for 2 weeks now, due to that.
My lordship is ''frozen'' and if I do win, I'll resign official, until then I am still official Lord, though I have made no post in HoL or two weeks.

If you really want me to official resign now, then sure, I will, but I see no reasons, because I don't actually do something with it ( since I was nominated ), and of course I could lose elections, then the adding process all over again. I mean, duh .

The man makes a lot of sense. Maybe something to the effect of posting a new topic saying "I hereby declare myself outside of the House of Lords jurisdiction until such and such a date, or I get elected Prime Minister, which comes sooner." And, as you have done (props to the man for sticking to the letter of the law!) refrain form posting your opinion in the House of Lords.

Does this idea meet with general approval?

Teh User

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2009, 02:55:04 pm »
Quote from: "SKQ62"
The man makes a lot of sense. Maybe something to the effect of posting a new topic saying "I hereby declare myself outside of the House of Lords jurisdiction until such and such a date, or I get elected Prime Minister, which comes sooner." And, as you have done (props to the man for sticking to the letter of the law!) refrain form posting your opinion in the House of Lords.

Does this idea meet with general approval?

Yes, I agree with this, it's the best thing to do.
The eUK's Resident Pedant Over Nothing
Teh User
TUP Member
Soldier
eRoyalist

Nemo Mobilis

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2009, 06:26:28 pm »
Quote from: "HazzN"

When was that legislation passed and where can I find it? I went to the archives and found that in Government Policies there is a procedure for the House of Lords in place that accepts the proviso of becoming CP, this was dated the 21st of November, so unless that legislation passed after the fact and removed these powers and was then never posted to government policy I believe it should be void, it directly contradicts the previous bill.
"No man born with a living soul can be workin' for the clampdown." Joe Strummer

funky44

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2009, 06:29:49 pm »
In dutch please? :D
Can you clarify a bit more, I'm not that much of a lawyer.

SKQ62

• Party - TUP
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2009, 06:34:18 pm »
Quote from: "Nemo Mobilis"
...so unless that legislation passed after the fact and removed these powers and was then never posted to government policy I believe it should be void, it directly contradicts the previous bill.

I still have no idea where to find the legislation. But if a subsequent bill contradicts a previous bill, assuming eUK follows the legal process of the RL UK, that would repeal the previous piece of legislation.

Which brings me on a second, slight segue, of a point. Legislation such as this should be made public and/or more easily accessible and/or put in a legislation section of the forum. Freedom of information and all that, lest we make an elitist system where only a select few have access to the legislation. Apologies if this already exists and I'm too dense to find it.

funky44

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2009, 06:36:32 pm »

Nemo Mobilis

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2009, 06:38:13 pm »
Everyone keeps referring to this bill that says that Relic cannot be a Presidential candidate. however if you go to the archived forums, under Government Policy there is a bit of legislation defining the HoL and says quite clearly that you are suspended from the HoL when you are the President and then when you're term is over you regain your title. This legislation is from the 21st of November, and this other much murkier document is missing quite a bit of detail from that same piece I was reading. Naturally then I want to know if what everyone is talking about is actual legislation, if its current and not superseded by the legislation in the Government Policies and lastly if it does supersede it, why is it not posted there?
"No man born with a living soul can be workin' for the clampdown." Joe Strummer

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: