Author Topic: Problem with Relic's Nomination  (Read 3242 times)

funky44

Re: Problem with Relic's Nomination
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2009, 06:41:07 pm »
Link me to it please. :)
Founder of the House of Funk
People who can suck on "it". - V

[22:19:03] <Anaxima> I've been fisting

SKQ62

• Party - TUP
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2009, 06:42:21 pm »
Quote from: "Nemo Mobilis"
Everyone keeps referring to this bill that says that Relic cannot be a Presidential candidate. however if you go to the archived forums, under Government Policy there is a bit of legislation defining the HoL and says quite clearly that you are suspended from the HoL when you are the President and then when you're term is over you regain your title. This legislation is from the 21st of November, and this other much murkier document is missing quite a bit of detail from that same piece I was reading. Naturally then I want to know if what everyone is talking about is actual legislation, if its current and not superseded by the legislation in the Government Policies and lastly if it does supersede it, why is it not posted there?

This is what I'm talking about. An experienced player such as Nemo should not have this much of a problem gaining access to the legislation that is being used, quoted and used to support or otherwise the candidature of the country's presidency.

But as far as my understanding runs, as I proposed, as long as a public statement is made, be it in the General section or the House of Lords section, that the Lord in question has no say, participation or voting rights for the duration of his candidature and makes this known, there should be no reason in law nor common sense to prevent this.

Nemo Mobilis

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2009, 06:44:36 pm »
http://uker.forumotion.com/government-p ... 9173093f66

There, that is our law and it states he can run. I want to know where everyone keeps bringing up this bit of fluff about his invalidated run.

Edit: I think its time we have our source for this first piece of news, where did the document come from that stated that a Lord could not hold the office of Country President?
"No man born with a living soul can be workin' for the clampdown." Joe Strummer

HazzN

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2009, 07:24:06 pm »
It states he can not be a candidate unless he steps down from HoL. There was no official statement from Relic saying he had stepped down from the HoL, and so the situation was pointed out.

He either had to:

1) Step down from HoL.
2) Withdraw from the election.

According to a spokesperson for the PCP (I believe it was Stan) he has already stepped down from HoL, they just never publicly announced it. Therefore, the problem has gone away.

I pointed this out to the HoC without the knowledge that he was no longer a Lord. This was not an attempt to cause trouble (I'm actually supporting Relic this term) but an attempt to avoid trouble. If this had arisen after he had been elected (if he gets elected), it could have easily triggered an impeachment.

Jizm

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2009, 08:05:23 pm »
Umm ... sorry for being naive, but if he's in the HoL then he shouldn't be party affiliated anyway, and therefore should not run as a party candidate.

The fact that he steps down from lords validates that, but it was still illegal for him to spend all the time he did in HoL and still be a part of PCP. So when he wrote his manifesto with the party and was still a part of lords thats illegal right?

Nemo Mobilis

« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2009, 08:07:34 pm »
Actually that is not part of the criteria, you can be however affiliated you like.
"No man born with a living soul can be workin' for the clampdown." Joe Strummer

funky44

« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2009, 08:07:47 pm »
Not quite, we in the HoL discuss topics that come from the HoC above party affiliation. But we do belong to a party.
Founder of the House of Funk
People who can suck on "it". - V

[22:19:03] <Anaxima> I've been fisting

Jizm

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2009, 12:34:46 am »
ok that does make sense.

How much would I have to pay to get myself a seat there?? ;)

Oh go on, let's have our very own cash for honours scandal. Just for realism purposes :)

Taytaz

• Party - PCP
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2009, 04:42:08 am »
Quote from: "funky44"
Well technically you are a PM candidate, just state that you step out the HoL for the duration of the elections and all should be in order.
Technically, there is no such thing as a PM candidate...don't get technical with me :D

MikeLee

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2009, 01:11:00 pm »
None of this matters as Relic has resigned from the HoL here

Taytaz

• Party - PCP
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2009, 09:52:18 am »
though Technically he was invalidated upon being proposed as candidate, so really, the crisis is averted

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: