Author Topic: Last Post Wins.  (Read 131526 times)

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
Re: Last Post Wins.
« Reply #8820 on: April 09, 2018, 10:19:54 am »
This is my only job as mod now

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President
Admiral of the fleet (Ret.

Sir Jimmy

• MU - The Legion
  • I'm Just Causally Taking A Sh*t In Your Toilet
« Reply #8821 on: April 10, 2018, 09:11:28 pm »
May as well make me a mod as well then. We could lock eachother out for shits and giggles ;)

_3rd_Regiment_The_Legion.png_3rd_Regiment_The_Legion.png
The Legion 3rd Division (Carlini's Avengers)
Captain Spygon

Arthur Wellesley

• The Emperor Protects
« Reply #8822 on: May 13, 2018, 03:39:06 am »
:ugeek:
This is highly irregular.

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #8823 on: May 13, 2018, 02:54:03 pm »
 :o

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President

vip b10

• Archivists
« Reply #8824 on: June 12, 2018, 10:00:42 pm »
I just posted this in BBH, but this seems like the only other place people still come back to from time to time, so I'm going to post it here:

I've kept this forum bookmarked in my browser for years, since the heyday of all of this bullshit.

I was early in college when I found eRepublik and started posting here. I sunk sooooo much time into this community. All night on IRC, shitposting in BBH, even adding some of you spergs on Steam and playing other games. It really meant a lot to me at the time. Playing eRepublik even influenced changing my major in college. And I was in the eUK, not even my own IRL country, so I was talking to people I knew I would never meet for real.

I'm almost 30 now and I'm a completely different person in so many ways from back then. But, I still pop in here from time to time. Usually posting some really old joke in BBH like :ugeek: or whatever. It reminds me how much I enjoyed forums back when they were a thing. Internet communities aren't really like this anymore. There was something specific to, like, 2005-2012 online that isn't around anymore. Everything is so atomized now. Twitch streams and twitter and a quick, high volume stream of content that never seems to quite gel the same way that a community around something more fixed and slow paced like a forum.

I don't know. Honestly, it makes me sad. It makes me aware of how much time has passed. It's weird, and maybe I'm the only one to experience it from something this small and stupid. But this whole community meant a lot to me and I still think about it regularly.

I'll also add that I'm still online, still willing to play a game. I didn't know a lot of the later players, so you may not know me, or I may not know you. I'm on Steam, etc. Send me a PM and I'm sure I'll still get it.

Hope you're all doing well. RIP Lily.

Yeah I remember about this place every now and then and it really saddens me to see it abandoned, especially given all the time I sunk into it from like 09-11 and the largely great people I met like malta, IRC used to be stupidly hectic every night even if it was just waffling in the MU chats.

Still got some people added through the old eUK steam group and its nice to see the few who still rep the old home guard/navy/para logos. Hope you've all kept well
Winner of MiD November 09
Malta_1990 R.I.P
EX-Para CO

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #8825 on: June 13, 2018, 08:28:47 pm »
Yeah I remember about this place every now and then and it really saddens me to see it abandoned, especially given all the time I sunk into it from like 09-11 and the largely great people I met like malta, IRC used to be stupidly hectic every night even if it was just waffling in the MU chats.

Still got some people added through the old eUK steam group and its nice to see the few who still rep the old home guard/navy/para logos. Hope you've all kept well

There seems to be a few people that check the forums on a regular basis, I guess a lot of us miss the good old days.

How have you been viper?

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President

KaisKais

• Archivists
« Reply #8826 on: June 19, 2018, 02:31:25 pm »
I just posted this in BBH, but this seems like the only other place people still come back to from time to time, so I'm going to post it here:

I've kept this forum bookmarked in my browser for years, since the heyday of all of this bullshit.

I was early in college when I found eRepublik and started posting here. I sunk sooooo much time into this community. All night on IRC, shitposting in BBH, even adding some of you spergs on Steam and playing other games. It really meant a lot to me at the time. Playing eRepublik even influenced changing my major in college. And I was in the eUK, not even my own IRL country, so I was talking to people I knew I would never meet for real.

I'm almost 30 now and I'm a completely different person in so many ways from back then. But, I still pop in here from time to time. Usually posting some really old joke in BBH like :ugeek: or whatever. It reminds me how much I enjoyed forums back when they were a thing. Internet communities aren't really like this anymore. There was something specific to, like, 2005-2012 online that isn't around anymore. Everything is so atomized now. Twitch streams and twitter and a quick, high volume stream of content that never seems to quite gel the same way that a community around something more fixed and slow paced like a forum.

I don't know. Honestly, it makes me sad. It makes me aware of how much time has passed. It's weird, and maybe I'm the only one to experience it from something this small and stupid. But this whole community meant a lot to me and I still think about it regularly.

I'll also add that I'm still online, still willing to play a game. I didn't know a lot of the later players, so you may not know me, or I may not know you. I'm on Steam, etc. Send me a PM and I'm sure I'll still get it.

Hope you're all doing well. RIP Lily.

Got to concur with virtually all of this. Meant a lot to me too. I was really just a kid at the time when I actually played properly, but I had a couple of RL school friends who played too, and it always gave is something to talk about, when there was a new development we were involved in every couple of days.

I never really did military stuff, but I always remember how exciting the political stuff all felt to me at the time. I remember barely getting any sleep so I could follow that ultra-close CP election between Woldy and Craig. I remember the political fun of the battles against Winston/Ajay and Melophore. I remember the glory days of the RFA when I was constantly talking to GGRyan, probably more than I talked to a lot of my RL friends.

Miss it all a lot, and really wish I had it around nowadays to distract me from the ever-worsening shit that is RL politics. Still love to come on here for nostalgia's sake though, and really dread the day when I'll click the link and see that it's been taken offline :(
Quote from: "JvB"
Quote from: "Goku Jones"
If a group of people have been oppressed for 100's of years, I think we can let them take ownership of the racist terms used against them.
I hereby grant ownership of the term 'massive silly cabbage' to Goku Jones.

Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8827 on: September 06, 2018, 06:42:29 pm »
So what does everyone do now?

I just checked my registration date and realised that that just shy of ten years of my life has gone by since I started posting here. What an awful fucking feeling.

I'm 25 and a civil servant now. I graduated from uni three years ago. I'm opening a Help to Buy next month to start saving for a house. It's miserable growing up.

I still remember most of the names from IRC and the stupid things that used to make me laugh at my computer and how much of an embarrassing shit I was. This place just looks so old and dated now.

I'd gladly buy any of you a pint if we ever met though. Hope you're all well.
HRH Pope Digby V, Prince of Hanover, KC, KG, KP, GBE, OGS, FRSL, BGD, PhD
Chancellor of BBH Open University

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #8828 on: September 07, 2018, 03:31:51 pm »
Also 25, but about to start my masters. In December I will have spent 10 years of my life on this game lmao.

Always up to talk about the good old days.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President

Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8829 on: September 09, 2018, 11:10:34 am »
Also 25, but about to start my masters. In December I will have spent 10 years of my life on this game lmao.

What's will you be studying fam?

You don't still play do you??

cyborch

« Reply #8830 on: September 10, 2018, 05:08:27 pm »
WHAKKA WHAKKA EY EY

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #8831 on: September 13, 2018, 03:08:41 pm »

Cyber Security Masters, I do still play barely but there's not really much to do nowadays.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President

Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8832 on: September 20, 2018, 05:18:12 pm »

Cyber Security Masters, I do still play barely but there's not really much to do nowadays.

Decent lad, that's a great thing to study. I was shocked when I found out the game still existed tbqh.

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #8833 on: September 21, 2018, 12:16:00 pm »
Even back in 2009 none of us really stuck about for the game, it was all about the people.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President

MarkTD

• choose a custom title
  • choose personal text
« Reply #8834 on: October 14, 2018, 05:26:11 pm »
how is the game actually approaching day 4000
choose a custom signature

MarkTD

• choose a custom title
  • choose personal text
« Reply #8835 on: October 14, 2018, 05:29:57 pm »
So what does everyone do now?

I just checked my registration date and realised that that just shy of ten years of my life has gone by since I started posting here. What an awful fucking feeling.

I'm 25 and a civil servant now. I graduated from uni three years ago. I'm opening a Help to Buy next month to start saving for a house. It's miserable growing up.

I still remember most of the names from IRC and the stupid things that used to make me laugh at my computer and how much of an embarrassing shit I was. This place just looks so old and dated now.

I'd gladly buy any of you a pint if we ever met though. Hope you're all well.

a whole decade, damn. Sounds like you're doing alright for yourself now?!

just started university, mildly excited for the next few years
choose a custom signature

painkiller789

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #8836 on: October 17, 2018, 06:08:28 pm »
On my 4th year of Uni doing physics now and I feel very embarrassed with some of the shit my early teenage self said on here and the IRC.
Quote from: Bob Boblo
Painkiller is awesome

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: