Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 3365 times)

Lando Khan

Arsenal
« on: August 28, 2011, 05:55:07 pm »
RIP
We're all mad here

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
Re: Arsenal
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 06:06:42 pm »

Inwegen

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 06:08:35 pm »
hahahahha so fucking glorious

ANYTHING CITY CAN DO WE CAN DO BETTER - I won't disagree that their performance against Spurs was good. 5-1 is good. but 8-2 against aresenal. COME AT US

Wenger has to get the sack now. 3 send offs in 3 games. Swiss cheese defenders (we had a few issues too.. but not nearly as bad). Terrible play as a team. The reign of Wenger is over. Wouldn't be surprised if a few people put in transfer requests this evening :p
Baron Harkonnen
House Tyrell
Former eUK MoFa
Former eUK Chief Diplomat to Terra and Eden
Former eUS everything

Jordan L Alford

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 06:17:28 pm »
I h8-2 say to Arsenal fans that their team is crap .....

lap12345

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 06:35:17 pm »
I would 8-2 be an arsenal fan right now
UKRP <3

Inwegen

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 06:45:10 pm »
oh my.. I 8-2 to say I didn't even think of using the scoreline in this fashion. Well done lads.
Baron Harkonnen
House Tyrell
Former eUK MoFa
Former eUK Chief Diplomat to Terra and Eden
Former eUS everything

lap12345

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 06:46:00 pm »
xD
UKRP <3

Alice

• Curiouser and Curiouser
  • Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 07:10:44 pm »
Quote from: "Jordan L Alford"
I h8-2 say to Arsenal fans that their team is crap .....
:lol:
Everything you say is boring and incomprehensible, but that alone doesn't make it true.
Quote from: Professor Bob Boblo
He had spent his whole life despised and hated for the mere triviality of wearing dresses and make-up despite possessing a (rather magnificent) penis, and this persecution had fostered within him both a desperate yearning to be loved and appreciated, and an iconoclastic desire to subvert and destroy the odious traditions on which society was built.

Sir Botham

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 07:39:06 pm »
I knew we would get hammered. There was no way that we could compete with Utd with the crap that we had on the pitch. However, I have no complaints with the players at all. Wenger has to go.

[size=150]☭[/size][/color]

Smack

• RP
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 12:55:23 am »
I just feel really bad for Arsene.

[23] <@Artela> "Smack, aspiring to climb up to gutter level since 2009, and failing due to the lack of a ladder long enough"

Sir Botham

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 06:53:00 am »
Quote from: "Smack"
I just feel really bad for Arsene.

Well, he has become rather stubborn. I don't have a problem with him selling players but, they need to be replaced and not by 16 year olds.

kcirp

• Special
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 09:43:35 am »
Wengers transfer policy is a joke, simple as
Why am I still here?

Congress x6
PP of UKRP x2
Citizenship committee x1
uMoHA x2
uMoFA x1
dMoD x1

Officially dead, rotting away in some scrubland

Sir Botham

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 09:51:01 am »
Quote from: "kcirp"
Wengers transfer policy is a joke, simple as

It wouldn't be a joke if we actually kept the players that we bought at the age of 16/17. But, we keep buying this so-called superstars only to sell them when they've reached their peak. And who do we replace them with? More 16/17 year olds... it's just frustrating.

Malkaiser

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2011, 10:20:52 am »
Isn't Arsenal the only club that actually makes money?
Buy in cheap but talented 16 year olds to train up then sell them for a profit at their peak is a good business model, and you don't lose much money if they turn out to be shit.

The horde of retards who support the club are going to come and buy tickets/shirts regardless of what happens and you won't get enough glory hunters from winning to justify the millions in investment (and luck) they require to generate.

It could be that the owners are very happy with the income he is giving them and don't give a shit about winning trophies.

temujin94

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 02:39:31 pm »
Quote from: "Goku Jones"
Isn't Arsenal the only club that actually makes money?
Buy in cheap but talented 16 year olds to train up then sell them for a profit at their peak is a good business model, and you don't lose much money if they turn out to be shit.

The horde of retards who support the club are going to come and buy tickets/shirts regardless of what happens and you won't get enough glory hunters from winning to justify the millions in investment (and luck) they require to generate.

It could be that the owners are very happy with the income he is giving them and don't give a shit about winning trophies.

Man Utd makes a lot of money usually
The Dark is generous, and it is patient and it always wins-but in the heart of its strength lies weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back

MoFA guy
ex-Prime Minister x3

Malkaiser

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 02:49:37 pm »
Sure sorry I wasn't clear. All clubs make money but do they all end the year with a profit? Very few do.

The owners of Man Utd are in massive debt and are considering selling the club, they will only make money by selling it to a richer billionaire who fancies some IRL fantasy football. I'm pretty sure the club itself runs at a loss.

temujin94

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 02:53:27 pm »
Sure sorry I wasn't clear. All clubs make money but do they all end the year with a profit? Very few do.

The owners of Man Utd are in massive debt and are considering selling the club, they will only make money by selling it to a richer billionaire who fancies some IRL fantasy football. I'm pretty sure the club itself runs at a loss.

Our turnover a year must now be approaching 300 million, while our debt in total is now something like 500-600 million. So whatever our payment is now for those debts i'm p sure we make a profit each year
The Dark is generous, and it is patient and it always wins-but in the heart of its strength lies weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back

MoFA guy
ex-Prime Minister x3

Lando Khan

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 02:55:38 pm »
Quote from: "temujin94"

Our turnover a year must now be approaching 300 million, while our debt in total is now something like 500-600 million. So whatever our payment is now for those debts i'm p sure we make a profit each year

Are there any stats, facts or sources for this? I'd be really interested to know the exact state of not just Man Utd's finances but every other Premier League club too.
We're all mad here

temujin94

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 02:58:18 pm »
Quote from: "Lando Khan"
Quote from: "temujin94"

Are there any stats, facts or sources for this? I'd be really interested to know the exact state of not just Man Utd's finances but every other Premier League club too.

I found a few UTD ones on the BBC not sure about others tbh. It would probably easy to find how much the clubs make (I think the Sun might have published a list) but finding their expenditure would be harder I guess

MoFA guy
ex-Prime Minister x3

Malkaiser

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 02:59:34 pm »
I don't know anything about business lingo, is turnover just how much money is made not including costs?

How much of that 300million is eaten up by buying new players, wages, stadium upkeep, policing and debt repayments? A single new player is a fairly significant chunk of that.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: