Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 3265 times)

temujin94

Re: Arsenal
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 03:05:28 pm »
Quote from: "Goku Jones"
I don't know anything about business lingo, is turnover just how much money is made not including costs?

How much of that 300million is eaten up by buying new players, wages, stadium upkeep, policing and debt repayments? A single new player is a fairly significant chunk of that.

Yeah turnover is not including costs.

It's nearly impossible to say what each would add up to but wage for players in general would be no more than 100-125 million a year and transfers around 50 million on average.
The Dark is generous, and it is patient and it always wins-but in the heart of its strength lies weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back

MoFA guy
ex-Prime Minister x3

LeoCordis

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 03:05:59 pm »
Quote from: "temujin94"
Isn't Arsenal the only club that actually makes money?
Buy in cheap but talented 16 year olds to train up then sell them for a profit at their peak is a good business model, and you don't lose much money if they turn out to be shit.

The horde of retards who support the club are going to come and buy tickets/shirts regardless of what happens and you won't get enough glory hunters from winning to justify the millions in investment (and luck) they require to generate.

It could be that the owners are very happy with the income he is giving them and don't give a shit about winning trophies.

Man Utd makes a lot of money usually

Nice debt you have there.

temujin94

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 03:07:13 pm »
Quote from: "LeoCordis"
Isn't Arsenal the only club that actually makes money?
Buy in cheap but talented 16 year olds to train up then sell them for a profit at their peak is a good business model, and you don't lose much money if they turn out to be shit.

The horde of retards who support the club are going to come and buy tickets/shirts regardless of what happens and you won't get enough glory hunters from winning to justify the millions in investment (and luck) they require to generate.

It could be that the owners are very happy with the income he is giving them and don't give a shit about winning trophies.

Yeah it's terrible making more money than any other sporting franchise each year
The Dark is generous, and it is patient and it always wins-but in the heart of its strength lies weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back

MoFA guy
ex-Prime Minister x3

Malkaiser

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 03:59:06 pm »
Making more money than any other team is meaningless if you spend it all on your costs, you could make more money than everyone else in the world and still LOSE money because of your costs.

The fact that a debt exists means that the profit made is not enough to pay it off. You just have to accept that although you can beat arsenal 8-2, they may be the better business.

EDIT: Here we go:
2010: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 12244.html
2011: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... black-hole

Yeah it's terrible making more money than any other sporting franchise each year
According to the independent, Arsenal has the highest turnover :D

Tomaz

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2011, 04:04:55 pm »

temujin94

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, 04:42:15 pm »
Making more money than any other team is meaningless if you spend it all on your costs, you could make more money than everyone else in the world and still LOSE money because of your costs.

The fact that a debt exists means that the profit made is not enough to pay it off. You just have to accept that although you can beat arsenal 8-2, they may be the better business.

EDIT: Here we go:
2010: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 12244.html
2011: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... black-hole

According to the independent, Arsenal has the highest turnover :D

Arsenal should never have been close in whatever article you read that, to my knowledge it currently goes Man Utd, Barcelona and Real Madrid and i thought i seen it fairly recently :/

MoFA guy
ex-Prime Minister x3

Malkaiser

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 04:46:00 pm »
The articles are helpfully linked in my post. Both show the same thing.

LeoCordis

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2011, 04:56:23 pm »
Quote from: "LeoCordis"

Nice debt you paid off there.

Smack

• RP
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2011, 08:31:08 pm »
United only made a profit due to the Ronaldo sale too.

[23] <@Artela> "Smack, aspiring to climb up to gutter level since 2009, and failing due to the lack of a ladder long enough"

Sir Botham

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2011, 08:39:14 pm »
Of course we (Arsenal) make a great profit. We buy good prospects for nothing and then sell them for rather large amounts (just look at Fabregas, Nasri and Adebayor). We also have a wage structure in place too.

I am rather concerned that it's almost Wednesday and still nothing regarding new signings for Arsenal. :?

[size=150]☭[/size][/color]

kcirp

• Special
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2011, 11:01:55 pm »
benayoun is talking to Arsenal, Liverpool and Lille and apparently Arsenal have made a bid for Gary Cahill
Why am I still here?

Congress x6
PP of UKRP x2
Citizenship committee x1
uMoHA x2
uMoFA x1
dMoD x1

Officially dead, rotting away in some scrubland

Sir Botham

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2011, 01:15:28 pm »
Arsenal currently in talks or interested in the following: Mertesacker (great), Andre Santos, Park Chu-young, Alex... and Kaka!

temujin94

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2011, 01:17:30 pm »
Quote from: "Sir Botham"
Arsenal currently in talks or interested in the following: Mertesacker (great), Andre Santos, Park Chu-young, Alex... and Kaka!

I thought they signed Park Chu-Young

I remember seeing the South Korea team sheet once for some match (Can't remember which) and there was 7 Park's in it :3

MoFA guy
ex-Prime Minister x3

Sir Botham

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2011, 01:48:01 pm »
I thought they signed Park Chu-Young

It's not confirmed yet. I hope we can get Mertesacker... a player that we certainly need. Alex would be good too. I would sign them both. I'm also hoping that we can get an established midfielder. You never know.

Hassan Pesearn

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2011, 02:52:19 pm »
Can't believe they'd sign Andre Santos - if you thought Clichy was shaky defensively, you should see Santos! Terrifyingly inconsistent. He does whip in a nice cross though.

Mertesacker is a good signing, bit slow, but obviously better than Squillaci and Djourou.

Park is decent. 26, so reaching his prime. Bit iffy on finishing, but solid 2nd striker.

<malta_1990>   Hassan, you know we live through you vicariously

Pearson corp

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2011, 08:31:36 pm »
mertesacker is slower than gareth barry ( and thats saying something) he's also never played more than 33 games in a season so a competitive arsenal team will be in the 50 + region so seeing if he can cope and the demands and speed of the premier league will be interesting. however he has a remarkably low number of cards received and has a reputation for clean defending so for me the jury is out till ive seen him more than a handful of times.

santos has as of yet failed to grasp the idea of defence so yeah.... to call him a left back is being economical with the truth.

chu young park or park chu young ( ive seen every version and more on sky and twitter so far ) has scored like 60 goals in around 200 appearances so he's not what one would call prolific.

midfield is a problem area ramsey takes all momentum and pace as soon as he gets the ball and song is crazy so .... arteta and fellani would be good but i wouldnt expect moysey to give them up.

Sir Botham

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2011, 09:25:13 pm »
I don't want to get a head of myself but, the Mertesacker deal seems like it's done.

Smack

• RP
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2011, 10:20:15 pm »
Quote from: "Pearson corp"
mertesacker is slower than gareth barry ( and thats saying something) he's also never played more than 33 games in a season so a competitive arsenal team will be in the 50 + region so seeing if he can cope and the demands and speed of the premier league will be interesting. however he has a remarkably low number of cards received and has a reputation for clean defending so for me the jury is out till ive seen him more than a handful of times.

He may be slow, but he's going to be better than what Arsenal have already.

[23] <@Artela> "Smack, aspiring to climb up to gutter level since 2009, and failing due to the lack of a ladder long enough"

Pearson corp

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2011, 10:21:47 pm »
but good enough?

kcirp

• Special
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2011, 11:26:17 am »
Metesacker isnt a great premierleague defender but he will be 10 times better than arsenals current defence
Why am I still here?

Congress x6
PP of UKRP x2
Citizenship committee x1
uMoHA x2
uMoFA x1
dMoD x1

Officially dead, rotting away in some scrubland

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: