Man Utd win.
7 (29.2%)
Man City win.
13 (54.2%)
Draw
4 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: October 21, 2011, 10:49:13 am

Author Topic: Manchester Derby  (Read 2966 times)

Razoma

Re: Manchester Derby
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2011, 03:35:54 am »
Quote from: "Daniel Lionbeard"
"Fergie" is the most overrated manager in footballing history.

Prove me wrong. :ugeek:

St. Mirren

Aberdeen

Manchester United

Sir Botham

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2011, 06:49:38 am »
There's no need to keep voting.

[size=150]☭[/size][/color]

Lionbeard

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2011, 09:40:52 am »
Quote from: "Razoma"

St. Mirren

Aberdeen

Manchester United

Average.
"Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force!" Barbie

Smack

• RP
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2011, 12:51:07 pm »
Quote from: "lap12345"
Quote from: "Smack"
I'm amused at this. Are we going to just ignore how City basically marked 2 of Uniteds most dangerous players out the game? Milner and Silva tracking back to cover and protect their fullbacks, meant Young / Nani did feck all the entire game. Even if Evans hadn't been sent of, after watching how solid City were, I was confident it'd be a City victory, albeit, not as large.

And Evans, he's just lulzworthy. THis isn't the first time he's made a huge error if I remember correctly.

We were all over you before Evans got sent off, no doubt a goal would have come soon for us it was only a matter of time.

You had position. You hadn't managed to eget behind us once, or break us once. The mood City were in yesterday, you had zero chance at breaking City down. They covered incredibly well. Every single person did the job they needed to do, to function in a defensive unit that is incredibly hard to beat. When Clichy chased the opposing fullback down on the edge of our area, Silved moved back to cover and Barry moved over in extra cover.

When Evra tried to chase a ball down, Nani did nothing. Ferdinand left a huge amount of space between him and his fullback. Silva cut inside, Milner ran behind him which Nani should have tracked back to cover the space. Shit defending as a whole. Second goal was scored.

Edit: Second goal, not third sorry.

[23] <@Artela> "Smack, aspiring to climb up to gutter level since 2009, and failing due to the lack of a ladder long enough"

Sir Botham

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2011, 02:13:23 pm »
Nani is a lazy midfielder. The way that he let Milner get away from him for the first goal is unforgivable. It's not like he didn't see Milner making the run - it happened right in front of him.

Prof Moriarty

• RP
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2011, 08:10:39 pm »
 (/_<)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 09:47:44 am by Prof Moriarty »
Atticus Sand, Lord of Last Post Wins

Sir Botham

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2011, 08:41:51 pm »
Quote from: "Prof Moriarty"
And the reason I wanted to see United win is because they are giving youth players a chance (Evans, Smalling), whereas Manchester City do not. Since the Sheiks bought Man City, only one player remains: Micah Richards. He'll be gone soon as well. That leaves a team full of pampered players, who although are brilliant footballers, are everything wrong with football.

You need to accept that this is the way of the modern game. My team hardly ever has an Englishman in the line-up... I'm not happy about it one bit but, the quest for success is far greater than before.

Smack

• RP
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2011, 12:54:33 am »
All I'm going to say is: Read World Soccer's article on Alex Ferguson. He has won the most titles of all time as a manager, the longest serving coach in Europe etc. I say this and I hate Manchester United, but calling him overrated is just stupid.

Plus, as pointed out on Five Live at the moment, a few years back Manchester United lost 5-0 to Newcastle and still went on to win the league. And the reason I wanted to see United win is because they are giving youth players a chance (Evans, Smalling), whereas Manchester City do not. Since the Sheiks bought Man City, only one player remains: Micah Richards. He'll be gone soon as well. That leaves a team full of pampered players, who although are brilliant footballers, are everything wrong with football.

And Ballotelli set off a firework in his bathroom. 'Nuff said.

You're completely and utterly right. I mean, it's not as if Mancini threw young center back Dedrick Boyata into a huge derby game last year, without fear. And Mancini has definitely not played Greg Cunningham, Abdi Ibrahim, Vladimir Weiss and Alex Nimely at all in the first team, and has definitely never given them a chance.

And alongside that, City are definitely not building a long term plan that revolves around youth brought up from Manchester. They're not at all investing hundreds of millions of pounds to refurbish a huge area of East Manchester, to give kids the opportunity to play football, so that Manchester and the UK can compete with the youth systems in Spain.

Damn you Manchester City, for never doing anything for the youth!

[23] <@Artela> "Smack, aspiring to climb up to gutter level since 2009, and failing due to the lack of a ladder long enough"

Dishmcds

• Party - UKRP
  • Look behind you
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2011, 07:52:58 pm »
And Ballotelli set off a firework in his bathroom. 'Nuff said.

I don't know why you're all talking about footie. This was clearly the most amusing thing about this entire match, tbh.
[size=150]Former 7 time Erepublikan President[/size]

Hermanos

McAfee01

• Woldean Court
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2011, 05:42:10 pm »
Quote from: "Razoma"

St. Mirren

Aberdeen

Manchester United

Average.
The fact Razoma replied in the way he did proves that Lionbeard's troll was successful.

/me high fives Lionbeard.
10x congressman | 1x Congressional Committee |[/color]Minister of Foreign Affairs x4| Minister of Home Affairs x1 | Minister of Recruitment x2 | Recreating George Orwell's 1984 on eRepublik since 2010 | Winner of the Totally Legit Fellow Award (2011)[/b]

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: