Author Topic: The Old Firm  (Read 1141 times)

Prof Moriarty

• RP
The Old Firm
« on: November 06, 2011, 05:05:56 pm »
 :ugeek:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 02:10:06 pm by Prof Moriarty »
Atticus Sand, Lord of Last Post Wins

Malkaiser

Re: The Old Firm
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 06:05:55 pm »
What is the old firm?

temujin94

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 06:50:15 pm »
Quote from: "Goku Jones"
What is the old firm?

Rangers and Celtic

In regards to the OP

>SPL
>Care

Choose one
The Dark is generous, and it is patient and it always wins-but in the heart of its strength lies weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back

MoFA guy
ex-Prime Minister x3

Malkaiser

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 07:12:05 pm »
I really hate football team nick names and stadium names.

People realize that talking about football is boring enough to require several alternate names for each team, but they don't get quite as far as not talking about it.

The worst thing is that they except you to know exactly which team each nickname is referencing.

temujin94

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 10:03:03 pm »
Quote from: "Goku Jones"
I really hate football team nick names and stadium names.

People realize that talking about football is boring enough to require several alternate names for each team, but they don't get quite as far as not talking about it.

The worst thing is that they except you to know exactly which team each nickname is referencing.

If you don't know who the Old Firm are you don't have the knowledge to discuss the topic tbh. It's easy to google who they are so I don't see the point of posting
The Dark is generous, and it is patient and it always wins-but in the heart of its strength lies weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back

MoFA guy
ex-Prime Minister x3

Prof Moriarty

• RP
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 10:16:19 pm »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 02:09:03 pm by Prof Moriarty »

Thomas765

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 10:28:45 pm »
Never cared for the old firm. I'm a supporter of Falkirk FC myself (hometown etc.) though I don't often watch football.

Right now, I think "old firm" is synonymous with violence. There is always something in the local news after an old firm game about some guy being stabbed by a Rangers fan because he was a Celtic fan or vice versa. My preference is Celtic out of the two though.

Also, I agree with the above pretty much. If you don't know what it is you're posting in, don't post at all or at least do some sort of research.

Prof Moriarty

• RP
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 07:34:01 pm »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 02:08:49 pm by Prof Moriarty »

1andymac1

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 04:48:26 pm »
Rangers have more Scots, that's said as an Aberdeen fan.

My personal favourite had to be a BBC report on "whether sectarianism is ruining Scotland's beautiful game?", I burst out laughing when I heard that. Fucking morons, if you want rid of sectarianism then just ban both clubs or else you might try actually enforcing the sectarianism laws for a change.

Each side is as bad as the other, they're just scum. I like how you can see the odd rangers scarf around aberdeen now that they're storming through the league... glory hunting bastards. I wonder how many of them actually go to mass/church after they announce their religion as a reason for supporting one over the other.

There's something to be said about Lennon, it takes one hell of a character to make me hate Celtic a bit more than Rangers at the moment (though I don't think he deserves death threats)

Prof Moriarty

• RP
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 05:47:18 pm »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 02:08:33 pm by Prof Moriarty »

1andymac1

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 01:56:04 am »
celtic fans are apparently going to get their club fined for singing a chant about the IRA. I'm sure they'll really miss the whopping 10 grand fine, but it's a start.

I like Celtic's more aggressive playing style in Europe in the last few years but Rangers have been hit a lot harder for their fan's singing. Good to hear the other side of Glezga getting in shit for being muppets as well. I was going to say they'd brick themselves if the UVA came through their doors but there again who the f*** wouldn't?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: