Author Topic: Luis Suarez  (Read 3289 times)

Smack

• RP
Re: Luis Suarez
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2012, 11:46:07 pm »
I just really don't get why people are "disgusted" by it. There's been this huge thing in the media by Fergie saying he's a disgrace and should never play for Liverpool again. Mountain out a molehill anyone?

[23] <@Artela> "Smack, aspiring to climb up to gutter level since 2009, and failing due to the lack of a ladder long enough"

Wayne

• Pretty much the most badass eUKer...
  • Archivists
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2012, 01:25:23 am »
Evra is just a little trouble making prick any how, it's not the first time he's pulled the race card.  If a grown man don't want to shake the hand of another then I don't see why it makes the news.  If I was playing against Utd I wouldn't wanna shake any of em by the hand either.  

And the guy that said scouse are racist, the only thing not making that comment racist is the colour of there skin.  You should be ashamed at such a general accusation.  I've been to Liverpool numerous occasions and found them on average to be warm and welcoming bunch of people.

Fergie should keep his mouth shut, some of his star players aint no angels.  Rooney the granny shagger and Kung Fu Eric to name but two...

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2012, 12:34:06 pm »
This was the best bit of the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjENWJUltaQ

:lol:

temujin94

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2012, 03:16:09 pm »
Finally came out and apologized :3, but not to Evra again.

Reading the BBC blog, favourite post of all time:

1522. At 14:45 12th Feb 2012, fergie_is_my_homeboy wrote:
BREAKING NEWS: Evra snuck into Anfield this morning, broke into the press office and typed up statements from Suarez and LFC admitting guilt and apologising. All this was part of a diabolical scheme to undermine Liverpool football club, hatched by Alex 'The Puppetmaster' Ferguson. In a bid to pull off the perfect crime, evra will now be hunting down all the conspiracy theorists out there and subjecting them to hours of looped footage of his hand moving a quarter inch until they finally succumb to madness and join their manager in the nut house.

Edit: Closely followed by: 1523. At 14:45 12th Feb 2012, Guernsey Red wrote:
1517: Shame because Liverpool were going to win the league next season with him eh....Sigh.
The Dark is generous, and it is patient and it always wins-but in the heart of its strength lies weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back

MoFA guy
ex-Prime Minister x3

Malkaiser

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2012, 04:17:03 pm »
How people have chosen a side in this thread:

1) Luis Suarez or possibly John Terry is on my favorite team.
"There is no proof, this is absolutly rediculous! My team/player is being victimised by an obviously inept/biased FA."

2) Luis Suarez or possibly John Terry is in a rival team.
"We should really be stamping out racism with these long bans lol."

3) Normal human being.
"Football players are mostly just awful people and rolemodels, put them in jail like you would anyone else."

Congratulations on supporting racism because you put tribal football loyalty over common decency.

Smack

• RP
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2012, 05:29:22 pm »
Quote from: "Goku Jones"

"There is no proof, this is absolutly rediculous! My team/player is being victimised by an obviously inept/biased FA."

3) Normal human being.
"Football players are mostly just awful people and rolemodels, put them in jail like you would anyone else."

4) Highly amused person who plays devils advocate
"I disagree with whatever the majority say."

Congratulations on supporting racism because you put tribal football loyalty over common decency.

Edited in a 4th option.

[23] <@Artela> "Smack, aspiring to climb up to gutter level since 2009, and failing due to the lack of a ladder long enough"

Malkaiser

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2012, 05:48:09 pm »
Yeah "Devil's Advocate" is one of the last resorts for someone who has a truly stupid point of view and wants to back down while saving face, it's right up there with "I was being sarcastic" and "I was just trolling".

Inwegen

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2012, 08:25:43 am »
Quote from: "Smack"
Quote from: "Goku Jones"

3) Normal human being.

4) Highly amused person who plays devils advocate
"I disagree with whatever the majority say."

Edited in a 4th option.

Except, stevie, you aren't being a devil's advocate. You really think Evra is the one who refused the handshake (unless you've reversed that stance?). Those blue tinted glasses have put you beyond any standing. Evra was stupid to do the celebrations, but Suarez put his job on the line at this point. The Boston Herald published an anti-LFC article on Sunday due to this whole affair. Fenway Sports owns a whole lot of]companies both in sports and in sports-related industries. When your own home paper (which pretty much sucks off Fenway Sports on a weekly basis) turns on you... the pressure is on.

Also, not saying what Fergie said should have been said. Everyone already knew that it was fairly disgraceful (even though handshakes are useless anymore). Didn't need to be said and that's that. But, heat of the moment and Fergie has never been one to hold back. Neither has Kenny. It's the fiercest contest in the EPL at this point. I think it was an op-ed in Guardian that said it's on the cusp of becoming as poisonous as Old Firm. Hopefully that doesn't happen because if a match kicks off next year, there will be no end to the riot for quite some time. There won't be enough police between Merseyside and Greater Manchester forces to contain it in the afternoon or future matches.
Quote from: "WayneKerr"
Evra is just a little trouble making prick any how, it's not the first time he's pulled the race card.  If a grown man don't want to shake the hand of another then I don't see why it makes the news.  If I was playing against Utd I wouldn't wanna shake any of em by the hand either.  

And the guy that said scouse are racist, the only thing not making that comment racist is the colour of there skin.  You should be ashamed at such a general accusation.  I've been to Liverpool numerous occasions and found them on average to be warm and welcoming bunch of people.

Fergie should keep his mouth shut, some of his star players aint no angels.  Rooney the granny shagger and Kung Fu Eric to name but two...
1- You're clearly an unbiased man :roll: You know, it's not Suarez's first time being convicted of Racism either. So, there's that as well. Part upbringing, part personal choice to not weed the phrases out of usage. I'm in agreement on handshakes though. I hate the process every game. I'll shake your hand after the match if you played well and fairly against us. I respect that and I'll shake a hand as a sign of respect for an enjoyable game. If you played like a brat, I won't even speak to you.
2- The only nice people I've ever met in Liverpool were not actually from there. Every scouser I've ever met has been no one I have any desire for further relations.
3- Yes, because United is the only team with players that do stupid things in their personal life.... In my opinion, unless you're moonlighting as a rapist or murder, I could care less what a player does. It's how the handle themselves on the pitch. If you want to be racist in your home country or in your own house, go for it and risk the legal consequences. But, on pitch, we're all equals. No need to bring race into it.
Baron Harkonnen
House Tyrell
Former eUK MoFa
Former eUK Chief Diplomat to Terra and Eden
Former eUS everything

Tomaz

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2012, 10:04:11 am »
Why do people care? This is like me making a thread about some norwegian fisherman who was banned from playing poker in his cargo hold because the navigator accused him of having Alzheimer's.

Smack

• RP
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2012, 11:52:17 am »
Lol Wiggy. I was saying it was Evra's fault before I'd even seen the incident. Ofc I was playing devils advocate, or perhaps arguing for the sake of arguing. You can choose which.

Malkaiser

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2012, 12:01:15 pm »
Quote from: "Smack"
Lol Wiggy. I was saying it was Evra's fault before I'd even seen the incident. Ofc I was playing devils advocate, or perhaps arguing for the sake of arguing. You can choose which.
Of course. Keep backtracking.

Smack

• RP
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2012, 09:05:26 pm »
Oh no, you don't believe me. I am crushed and devastated. :(

Wayne

• Pretty much the most badass eUKer...
  • Archivists
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2012, 11:48:56 pm »
Quote from: "Inwegen"
1- You're clearly an unbiased man :roll: You know, it's not Suarez's first time being convicted of Racism either. So, there's that as well. Part upbringing, part personal choice to not weed the phrases out of usage. I'm in agreement on handshakes though. I hate the process every game. I'll shake your hand after the match if you played well and fairly against us. I respect that and I'll shake a hand as a sign of respect for an enjoyable game. If you played like a brat, I won't even speak to you.
2- The only nice people I've ever met in Liverpool were not actually from there. Every scouser I've ever met has been no one I have any desire for further relations.
3- Yes, because United is the only team with players that do stupid things in their personal life.... In my opinion, unless you're moonlighting as a rapist or murder, I could care less what a player does. It's how the handle themselves on the pitch. If you want to be racist in your home country or in your own house, go for it and risk the legal consequences. But, on pitch, we're all equals. No need to bring race into it.

1. Yeah I am biased I fucking can't stand Evra, the little French flower.  You also seem a little biased.

2. Can't say that I myself have or feel the need to have 'further relations' with those born in Liverpool.  But I certainly wouldn't tar them all with the same brush.  

3.  The legend that is John Barnes said it best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk0gIFSEd9E

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: