Author Topic: IGCSE and no the "I" is meant to be there  (Read 660 times)

wallyboy444

IGCSE and no the "I" is meant to be there
« on: January 11, 2009, 10:37:54 pm »
I moved to Mallorca  a year back and have recently moved back. Whilst I was there I attended and International School English, Curriculum based. The exam board was cie, Cambridge Board of International examinations or something like that.
When I returned to England and resumed the GCSE's I found that I had to do all this coursework which hadn't done before.

I would advice if in RL you intend to move the country bear in mind your education, or if your really old and you have children of your own (maybe not that old lol) their education. GCSE's are fairly important and I would advice people consider moving abroad to consider education before they do I moved in year 9 and left at the end of year 10 so I had a whol eyear of doing an entire different course to what Im doing now.
All I can say is its bloody difficult!
Your ex-Special Forces Commanding Officer
http://www.erepublik.com/en/battles/show/7855
[size=125]Awarded the Metal Cross for his duties for King and Country[/size]

Teh User

Re: IGCSE and no the "I" is meant to be there
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 11:57:46 pm »
International GCSEs don't tend to do coursework, as people from all over the world take them and they may not have the time for coursework, where as compulsory schooling in the UK gives you the time to do coursework. There is also the fact that your present school may not use the same exam board, if it's even available.

I particularly feel sorry for a New Zealander friend who went back to NZ just a few days ago, midway through her GCSEs. Her mother wouldn't stay here for another few months despite her stepfather's best efforts (They moved to the UK in 2005 after her NZ mother married a British stepfather) and now she'll have to start the New Zealand equivalent again and start the year again, even though over half the course is already done.

How are you doing with your course anyway?
The eUK's Resident Pedant Over Nothing
Teh User
TUP Member
Soldier
eRoyalist

wallyboy444

Re: IGCSE and no the "I" is meant to be there
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 08:59:46 pm »
Its not that the work is difficult in fact it is easier but its the work load that I have to do that is the fustrating part. I have tonnes of coursework to catch up on. I also only did Chemistry in Spain. When I came back they wanted me to do all 3! Since then I have dropped Biology even though my predicted was a B which was pretty damn good! I have continued both Chemistry and Physics and even though I missed an entire years worth of work for physics I am predicted an A* wooooo yeah lol.
Your ex-Special Forces Commanding Officer
http://www.erepublik.com/en/battles/show/7855
[size=125]Awarded the Metal Cross for his duties for King and Country[/size]

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: