Author Topic: [multi] Battlefield 4  (Read 2263 times)

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
Re: [multi] Battlefield 4
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 07:45:13 pm »
waiting for bad company 3
Nymeus - 5:56 PM
I've got a picture of diakun and his dick
he can easily make people ashamed of how small they are, cause his is big
need to know anything else?

chaosthroty89

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 07:49:34 pm »
Quote from: "Diakun"
waiting for bad company 3

not a good joke, but it's a good song

Quote from: Bob Boblo
As far as I can tell, you're either singing the Batman theme or having sex with your grandmother

Thank Invalidation for my totally kick ass avatar.

Tom Morgan

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2013, 01:59:32 pm »
Quote from: "chaosthroty89"
Quote from: "Gav Miller"
You need to preorder to get the beta though? :P

I am slowly but surely getting used to PC.

Any recommendations for medium level gaming mice/keyboards for BF?

I'm assuming that he's a Premium member, which means he has access to the beta
Yup.

Anyone else seen this? The machine that ran BF4 at the play test had two 7990s in. Ouch.
[size=85]ecksohh, VC, DSO, MC, MID, MBE.[/size]

Smack

• RP
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2013, 05:35:40 pm »
Quote from: "Tom Morgan"
Anyone else seen this? The machine that ran BF4 at the play test had two 7990s in. Ouch.

They must have surely done tests on lower end systems though surely.

[23] <@Artela> "Smack, aspiring to climb up to gutter level since 2009, and failing due to the lack of a ladder long enough"

chaosthroty89

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2013, 05:38:57 pm »
Quote from: "Smack"

They want to show the game at its best, so they used high end cards for it.

After all, who wants to watch pixilated or juddered gameplay.

As far as I can tell, you're either singing the Batman theme or having sex with your grandmother

Smack

• RP
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 06:51:00 pm »

They want to show the game at its best, so they used high end cards for it.

After all, who wants to watch pixilated or juddered gameplay.

Well of course, but it'd have been a terrible decision if they didn't run tests on lower end systems. Imagine if the PC requirements come on and the minimum is a brand new GTX 670. How many people would they isolate simply because they didn't run tests on lower end PCs?

[23] <@Artela> "Smack, aspiring to climb up to gutter level since 2009, and failing due to the lack of a ladder long enough"

chaosthroty89

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 07:08:24 pm »
Well of course, but it'd have been a terrible decision if they didn't run tests on lower end systems. Imagine if the PC requirements come on and the minimum is a brand new GTX 670. How many people would they isolate simply because they didn't run tests on lower end PCs?

Though Dice and EA haven't released the mimimum requirements for the game, conjecture is rife. There are also a few assumptions that can be made.

Assumption One: they know the requirements and are holding off on releacing them for some reason.

Assumption Two: They won't have players needing to buy brand new graphics cards.

As a console player, I'm not that bothered by the lack of minimum requirements. When I get it, I know that I'll put it in my 360 and be able to play. The only thing I've had to do is buy a new hard drive (5.1Gb left on my first, 60Gb hard drive, I'm just waiting on the transfer cable)

I won't need to rush out to the shops to buy the bleeding edge in graphics cards, or the like.

Also, can we just remember: the game has only just been put on pre-order. It's not even got a month of release yet. Hell, Game and Gamestop don't even know about the pre-order bonuses at the moment. Are they holding a gun to your head to make you pre-order a game you don't even know you can run? If the answer is no, be quiet, but better yet, be patient.

Tom Morgan

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 07:51:01 pm »
One of the battlelog devs said on Reddit that they have another machine that is sporting 3 GTX Titans.

The game will be optimised before release though, BF3 was shown on 2 SLI'd GTX 580s iirc, but I can run it on ultra with my 7950.

Also, can we just remember: the game has only just been put on pre-order. It's not even got a month of release yet. Hell, Game and Gamestop don't even know about the pre-order bonuses at the moment. Are they holding a gun to your head to make you pre-order a game you don't even know you can run? If the answer is no, be quiet, but better yet, be patient.
Wasn't complaining, I was more in awe of their hardware.

Gav Miller

• Wizard
  • Dust in the wind
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2013, 09:36:50 pm »
Imagine if the PC requirements come on and the minimum is a brand new GTX 670.
I'd cry.
<Wayne> wtf is dickcops
<Betafoxtrot> It's someone who polices dicks apparently
<GavMiller> your dream job, eh Betafoxtrot?
<Betafoxtrot> I'd never give up gloryhole bathroom attendent

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2013, 10:33:39 am »
you guys jelly of my radeon 3650

Smack

• RP
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2013, 12:00:49 pm »

Though Dice and EA haven't released the mimimum requirements for the game, conjecture is rife. There are also a few assumptions that can be made.

Assumption One: they know the requirements and are holding off on releacing them for some reason.

Assumption Two: They won't have players needing to buy brand new graphics cards.

As a console player, I'm not that bothered by the lack of minimum requirements. When I get it, I know that I'll put it in my 360 and be able to play. The only thing I've had to do is buy a new hard drive (5.1Gb left on my first, 60Gb hard drive, I'm just waiting on the transfer cable)

I won't need to rush out to the shops to buy the bleeding edge in graphics cards, or the like.

I'm hardly complaining. I was merely voicing a thought about testing on lower end PCs and how it would be a terrible decision if they hadn't

chaosthroty89

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2013, 02:23:01 pm »

I'm hardly complaining. I was merely voicing a thought about testing on lower end PCs and how it would be a terrible decision if they hadn't

I understand your worry, but until DICE release the minimum requirements, it's a bit pointless. However, EA may be stupid on some things, but when it comes to getting as much of an audience as they can, the low end PC users won't be left out. It won't look nearly as good as the game play video, but it will run.

BaskB

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2013, 11:11:40 pm »
For me, the Battlefield series died with BF3, its become tooooooo COD like.

For any OLD BF fans you'll know what I mean, the whole point of BF was to work as a team/unit with squads setup to work as such. For me BF3 took that away from us, my interest stayed due to the Clan I was in, but even then once they brought out "Premium" for me that was the final nail in the coffin, since then I've never played it again and half our clan (whom numbered over 70) have also since stopped playing.

BFBC2 was immense, pretty much played that every night, even when BF3 came out we still played it, I used to even still login to 1943!

The graphics looks awesome, just as BF3 did, but I feel it will just become another messy multiplayer, download additional "Premium" content, that EA seem to do of late.

Suppose am just stuck in the old ways.
Regiment 5 - Legion

Wayne

• Pretty much the most badass eUKer...
  • Archivists
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2013, 11:21:57 pm »
Bring back Commanders...

cyborch

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2013, 03:40:27 pm »
it looks awesome! but end game was released not long ago, so I think they are a bit too hasty about making money. BTW orgin: Cyborch

chaosthroty89

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2013, 06:01:24 pm »
Quote from: "cyborch"
it looks awesome! but end game was released not long ago, so I think they are a bit too hasty about making money. BTW orgin: Cyborch

Of course they want to make money, EA are likely pushing for more money. Premium is p much a second game, cost wise.

Gav Miller

• Wizard
  • Dust in the wind
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2013, 07:01:22 pm »
Plus it keeps people playing until the next one is released ;)
<Wayne> wtf is dickcops
<Betafoxtrot> It's someone who polices dicks apparently
<GavMiller> your dream job, eh Betafoxtrot?
<Betafoxtrot> I'd never give up gloryhole bathroom attendent

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2013, 08:50:56 pm »
corporations have been ruining gaming for awhile now
how i miss the days when sequels weren't the same game

Tom Morgan

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2013, 12:08:00 am »
Quote from: "WayneKerr"
Bring back Commanders...
I thought they had already confirmed that this was going to be added again? Commander mode was fun.

Edit: it's just rumours it seems.

p00kachu

• Royal Court Jester of HM Mr Woldy
  • Eh. I'm Retired.
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2013, 06:32:52 am »
*Religious Battlefield fan is too busy to reply due to mass-masturbation over the immense facial graphics and Audio quality*

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: