eRepublik UK

Author Topic: eUK Game of Thrones - Military Musings....  (Read 1328 times)

BaskB

eUK Game of Thrones - Military Musings....
« on: October 22, 2013, 02:21:39 pm »
Ok, been looking around and think we all agree the Military side of this needs to be a little more than just PvP....

So I present to you:-

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/964897-162-spmplan-alpha-clay-soldiers-mod-v-200/

Its currently being rebuilt due to v1.6.2 breaking the entire Mod, but it looks extremely promising! Would also give people a use/market for Clay aswell, downside is that colours can't ally so am not sure how we'd get round that one, unless people recoloured them everytime.

Anyways just some thoughts on it anyway
Regiment 5 - Legion

Alice

• Curiouser and Curiouser
  • Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
Re: eUK Game of Thrones - Military Musings....
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 02:31:29 pm »
Oh wow yes! Market for dyes :D

Real trouble is that clay is very much finite, I suppose the shop would have to fill that gap :/
Everything you say is boring and incomprehensible, but that alone doesn't make it true.
Quote from: Professor Bob Boblo
He had spent his whole life despised and hated for the mere triviality of wearing dresses and make-up despite possessing a (rather magnificent) penis, and this persecution had fostered within him both a desperate yearning to be loved and appreciated, and an iconoclastic desire to subvert and destroy the odious traditions on which society was built.

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 02:39:23 pm »
cant build bruhs
Nymeus - 5:56 PM
I've got a picture of diakun and his dick
he can easily make people ashamed of how small they are, cause his is big
need to know anything else?

Sir Humphrey Appleby

• Permanent Speaker
  • Party - UKRP
  • Sodomy non sapiens
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 02:40:37 pm »
It'd remove the need for a lot of meta-bollocks but I can't imagine the baww logging in to finding your capital swamped by toy soldiers :p
<Guitah> not arguing with a Brit about tea is tha sensible thing to do :)
<Appleby> it is common knowledge it is pointless arguing with an addict :p
<Appleby> thus it is pointless arguing about tea with brits

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 03:17:28 pm »
Plus everyone would spend their time making soldiers not building :p
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

Joffrey Baratheon

• PCP Diehard
  • RP
  • Furtim Vigilans
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 03:32:01 pm »
Should give clay soldiers depending on how many regions you control and regions your allies control :P

~Esse Quam Videri~

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 04:25:51 pm »
No, you should have to actually earn things, wealth is a better way to do it than simply sitting on empty tracts of forest and being in a carebear group hug.
Everything you say is boring and incomprehensible, but that alone doesn't make it true.
He had spent his whole life despised and hated for the mere triviality of wearing dresses and make-up despite possessing a (rather magnificent) penis, and this persecution had fostered within him both a desperate yearning to be loved and appreciated, and an iconoclastic desire to subvert and destroy the odious traditions on which society was built.

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 05:11:47 pm »
This looks great

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President
Admiral of the fleet (Ret.

Joffrey Baratheon

• PCP Diehard
  • RP
  • Furtim Vigilans
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 07:07:55 pm »
No, you should have to actually earn things, wealth is a better way to do it than simply sitting on empty tracts of forest and being in a carebear group hug.

You earn conquests :P

~Esse Quam Videri~

Viridi

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 10:10:02 pm »
I really like the clay soldiers mod; therefore, I support this a lot.
ive done some things

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 01:55:49 am »

You earn conquests :P
and the sinews of war are infinite money

Joffrey Baratheon

• PCP Diehard
  • RP
  • Furtim Vigilans
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 07:19:44 am »
To the victor the spoils ;)

But srs some kind of incentive to expand would be great, Perhaps tiered rewards for each region captured so that conquering gives reward beyond temporary building space but doesn't mean you can snowball into ever more conquests.

~Esse Quam Videri~

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 08:26:11 am »
So long as somewhere with a rude shack isn't equal to a sprawling metropolis
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 11:38:04 am »
Well your motivation to expand should be diamond mining rights and space to build ever more glorious shit. You seem to just want to own more land area for the sake of blobbing, rather than wealth or power.
Should need to fill your land with buildings before you get another region :3

Joffrey Baratheon

• PCP Diehard
  • RP
  • Furtim Vigilans
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 12:39:03 pm »
Well your motivation to expand should be diamond mining rights and space to build ever more glorious shit. You seem to just want to own more land area for the sake of blobbing, rather than wealth or power.

Only this is the risk server... which kinda implies that it'll be different to the other survival server. Not that everyone should go about building little cobble huts, but I do expect to get to do some pvp and maybe this mod or something similar to add a little extra for fun.

And what would be the point in claiming more regions to build in, if all buildings in non home regions are possibly temporary if it gets conquered by someone else who wants to squish it all.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 12:42:31 pm by Joffrey Baratheon »

~Esse Quam Videri~

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 01:07:33 pm »

Only this is the risk server... which kinda implies that it'll be different to the other survival server. Not that everyone should go about building little cobble huts, but I do expect to get to do some pvp and maybe this mod or something similar to add a little extra for fun.

And what would be the point in claiming more regions to build in, if all buildings in non home regions are possibly temporary if it gets conquered by someone else who wants to squish it all.
Because it is minecraft and what you do in minecraft is gather resources and build things. The risk aspect should reflect success in the minecraft aspect, or we might as well just play risk.

Joffrey Baratheon

• PCP Diehard
  • RP
  • Furtim Vigilans
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 01:16:11 pm »
Minecraft is pretty much a sandbox, You make of it what you want to.

There's hunger games, death run, the hidden, pvp, a plethora of mods with weird objectives.

And how exactly would you quantify what building is a success and what isn't, it's purely subjective. We did something along those lines last time and it ended up being arguments about the worth of certain buildings as opposed to others and a rush to just spam large empty stone structures to claim more points. Everything has an upside and downside, I wouldn't have originally expected people to go out and spend so long on their capitals... but that's what people decided to do.

It doesn't actually make any real sense compared to the first rules and objectives that were layed out to spend all your resources on pretty buildings, but people have chosen to do it and it's a nice outcome.

But I'd bet most people still want to have the warfare element rather than just a committee to umm and err about which buildings pretty arches deserve the most points.

~Esse Quam Videri~

Lily

• Political - Party Presidents
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2013, 08:41:35 pm »
Any update on this?

Apologies, Bask, but I'm just a bit confused how the military module works!

Can we attack anyone (PvP) etc? Or do we have to declare war, or? What's the rules, really?

Just making sure, as realistically no one has attacked anyone yet as I'm aware. :)

There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.
<Reincarnate>: viperb10 suck my cock
<Reincarnate>: shit
<Reincarnate>: just spilt my drink

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2013, 08:41:35 am »
Well I'm not saying we should have a committee to judge building aesthetics but fact is if we were just going to bash each other with swords we wouldn't need to build anything, or if we did build something a dirt cube with lava on would suffice.

I think that my main goal in this server is to build an impressive structure, at least that's what I've been working towards. If I do aim to expand the union it'll be as Alice says to gain more resources and to spread the glory of the union beyond our Isles.

BaskB

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 12:40:07 pm »
Any update on this?

Apologies, Bask, but I'm just a bit confused how the military module works!

Can we attack anyone (PvP) etc? Or do we have to declare war, or? What's the rules, really?

Just making sure, as realistically no one has attacked anyone yet as I'm aware. :)

Pretty much as Iain has put it at the minute.

The Military Module as yet doesn't fully exist, the original ideas were 1v1 (Or 4v1 depending on alliances etc) were agreed wouldnt really be a great way to do things as a result i started to look at other ways like Clay soilders.

At present I'd say none of us are ready for expansion yet anyway, we've barely used our own areas, Iain I believe has only mined 50% of his lower levels and he's a massive miner by most standards so resources are still plentiful in our own regions at the minute.

Of course if you all wish I have no quarms with you all building arenas and having PvP that way if you like? But the need for the war module as yet I see as kind of pointless.
Regiment 5 - Legion

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: