eRepublik UK

Author Topic: Townton II Layout ideas...  (Read 848 times)

BaskB

Townton II Layout ideas...
« on: April 18, 2014, 12:45:07 pm »
http://imgur.com/vk7sln7

Please forgive the crude 5 minute drawing  :lol: But what do people think to something like this?

Everyone gets good sized plots that we can mark out with dirt towers or something initially and we have some sort of planning in place for the layout of townton so we all have good space to expand in etc.

The central 30x30 plot is the Square + Market

The 10 deep border is for the central buildings such as Bank, Pub etc and of course will have the initial Defence wall built around it to start with (40x40 is a good start point for us).

We then have 4x Central roads that we then all spure off into our own areas and designs and form "Districts" of sorts, all with our own space so were not building on top of each other.

Of course terrain etc plays a big part in this, and not all plots would be exact, but at least we'd have some sort of plan to work together on...

All feel free to tear apart or add your own ideas
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:48:59 pm by BaskB »
Regiment 5 - Legion

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
Re: Townton II Layout ideas...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 01:13:00 pm »
i find organic towns to have more character, planning stuff in minecraft usually results in huge empty pointless buildings and a designed but bland town. you also dont want to have a set plot to build in, since the building will just essentially be a square with an oversized undecorated interior.

and such as with the walls, in rl the walls are put progressively around whatever has been built, not just a square at a certain distance from the center.

my rule is never build big or have a plan, build small and make it up as you go along then add on to your previous building only if you need to. it will then look more realistic and not just a huge bland square
Nymeus - 5:56 PM
I've got a picture of diakun and his dick
he can easily make people ashamed of how small they are, cause his is big
need to know anything else?

Rory Winterbourne II

• Archivists
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 03:16:04 pm »
Sounds like a good idea, something like,
for the center with areas outside/paths and wall like

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 04:16:29 pm »
I fancy building some kind of canal or something, if there is space to take that into account I would like to give it a go.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President
Admiral of the fleet (Ret.

BaskB

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 04:22:33 pm »

Gorgeous! Has Mitte's name written all over building that one ;)
Regiment 5 - Legion

LongShotzZ

• Lord Of Everything
  • Party - UKRP
  • I'm not a racist.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 05:55:51 pm »
I fancy building some kind of canal or something, if there is space to take that into account I would like to give it a go.

That sounds like an awesome idea, we can even have little house-boats! :D
Zaphod: "LongShotzZ is slightly better than mediocre."
Sir Rex: "You know you're in deep shit when you have to ask LongShotzZ to bail you out!"
Mwcerberus: "If I had to pick between fighting 50 duck-sized LongShotzZ's or 1 horse-sized LongShotzZ I think I'd have to get my gun and kill all 51."

Lady Rainicorn

• Sexiest Voice in the eUK
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 05:58:33 pm »
i find organic towns to have more character, planning stuff in minecraft usually results in huge empty pointless buildings and a designed but bland town. you also dont want to have a set plot to build in, since the building will just essentially be a square with an oversized undecorated interior.

and such as with the walls, in rl the walls are put progressively around whatever has been built, not just a square at a certain distance from the center.

my rule is never build big or have a plan, build small and make it up as you go along then add on to your previous building only if you need to. it will then look more realistic and not just a huge bland square

Pretty much my rule now
When I go back and look at my walls with a forest still as the main interior im like WHY!
Founder of eUK Domestic eCricket League
Special Forces
FM #39
MBE
Ex-Speaker of the HoC

mittekemuis

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 06:08:32 pm »

oh wow Rory that looks awesome. You have done a great job at replicating it too.

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, but don't become friends because then you'll have a tough time whether to keep them close or closer."

Sir Humphrey Appleby

• Permanent Speaker
  • Party - UKRP
  • Sodomy non sapiens
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 06:20:16 pm »
I can agree to an extent with both sides of the argument here - organically evolved towns have a nice unique feel to them; whilst organisation tends to be more... organised XD

Plot sizes will naturally have to vary according to each's own designs - I think here we may have to deviate from the block system :3
<Guitah> not arguing with a Brit about tea is tha sensible thing to do :)
<Appleby> it is common knowledge it is pointless arguing with an addict :p
<Appleby> thus it is pointless arguing about tea with brits

Joffrey Baratheon

• PCP Diehard
  • RP
  • Furtim Vigilans
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 07:06:48 pm »
I can agree to an extent with both sides of the argument here - organically evolved towns have a nice unique feel to them; whilst organisation tends to be more... organised XD

This.

I think it's important we remember that this town is in essence just a really big and pretty Spawn location to welcome newbies in.

We'll all eventually go and make our own whacky places anyway and we will still get the organic feel with our own districts.

Perhaps we should just keep the organisation to the centre of town and importing buildings.

Trainstation, Bank, Pub, Town square, Nether building perhaps :)

~Esse Quam Videri~

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: