16 (47.1%)
No
14 (41.2%)
Unopposed
3 (8.8%)
Uncertain
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Should all recreational drugs be legal?  (Read 5186 times)

johnobrow

Re: Should all recreational drugs be legal?
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2014, 02:39:24 pm »
If people want to kill themselves by whatever means then let them go ahead. From a Green perspective, this should be a good thing as taking these people out of the world means fewer of the planet's resources are consumed to support them.

I'm going to assume you're not being serious. Hope you got a thrill out of making such a hilarious joke. -.-
EREP IS DEAD LABOUR AND DEAD TIME - LIFE IS ELSEWHERE
-------->DESTROY THAT WHICH DESTROYS YOU<--------

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2014, 02:55:02 pm »
Well I already said smokers and the obese should pay more insurance if their illnesses are self inflicted. Before you get all butthurt, people diagnosed with metal health related eating disorders wouldn't be put in the same boat as fatties who just love eating pies. But either way junkies like you who don't work, abuse your body all day etc shouldn't be paid for by people like me who have a healthy diet and whose sole drug use is a couple glasses of wine now and again
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

Sexagenarian

• Grumpy Old F@rt
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2014, 08:25:49 pm »
If people want to kill themselves by whatever means then let them go ahead. From a Green perspective, this should be a good thing as taking these people out of the world means fewer of the planet's resources are consumed to support them.

I'm going to assume you're not being serious. Hope you got a thrill out of making such a hilarious joke. -.-

It's often quite wrong to make assumptions. I assumed you would be behind the Green view.

johnobrow

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2014, 02:55:46 am »
Well I already said smokers and the obese should pay more insurance if their illnesses are self inflicted. Before you get all butthurt, people diagnosed with metal health related eating disorders wouldn't be put in the same boat as fatties who just love eating pies. But either way junkies like you who don't work, abuse your body all day etc shouldn't be paid for by people like me who have a healthy diet and whose sole drug use is a couple glasses of wine now and again

"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Why do you glorify work when even your god wants us to rest?

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2014, 09:03:01 am »
It means spiritual rest, not being a lazy bum and living off other people's work.
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

bananaboy378

« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2014, 09:26:03 am »
I've always considered it as Matthew's cry for the abolishment of the slavery of the time.
Banana wuz here

Wayne

• Pretty much the most badass eUKer...
  • Archivists
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2014, 10:15:39 am »
It means spiritual rest, not being a lazy bum and living off other people's work.

Don't you work in the 'public' sector?

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2014, 10:16:58 am »
Both actually, but unless you don't want health care my part of the public sector is kind of necessary.

johnobrow

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2014, 02:43:19 pm »

It doesn't say 'spiritual' rest... I take my cue from God: work six days then rest for eternity and enjoy the plants that He created. God is a lazy bum; he created us in His image.

McAfee01

• Woldean Court
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2014, 06:34:53 pm »
Both actually, but unless you don't want health care my part of the public sector is kind of necessary.
The fact that Keers has an element of input into the public health service is quite the worrying thought.
10x congressman | 1x Congressional Committee |[/color]Minister of Foreign Affairs x4| Minister of Home Affairs x1 | Minister of Recruitment x2 | Recreating George Orwell's 1984 on eRepublik since 2010 | Winner of the Totally Legit Fellow Award (2011)[/b]

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: