Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope this is something you all will consider. I’ve come with a proposal for the creation of a eUK Intelligence Agency. This agency will be entrusted to ensure the security of the eUK and its citizens. This is NOT a proposal looking for government funding, the agency will be backed and managed by myself. The true purpose of this proposal is to ask for the government stamp of approval and the opportunity to run with this and perform all the work that is required. It would be a great form of activity for players who are looking for something more, but do not want to get involved in the political side of this game and at the same time, provide an extra layer of defense to eUK.
I am obviously open for any questions so don't hesitate to ask. The act is also open for debate and discussion.
-----Secret Intelligence Service (MI6) ActSection I: Secret Intelligence Service (MI6) Mission Statement
1) MI6 shall be the government agency in charge of assessing threats to the security of eUK and shall be headed by one Director in charge of its control and management. This director will answer directly to the Country President and/or appointed Minister.Section II: Director Appointments
2) At any time, but at least once every four months, the Country President may nominate any individual who has already been a MI6 employee for the position of Director who must then receive approval from Congress.
3) There is no limit to the amount of times that a Director may be consecutively reappointed.Section III: Employee Regulations
4) The Director maintains exclusive authority to appoint employees and set out the terms and conditions of their employment.
5) The Director may establish rules for the conduct and discipline of employees.
6) If the Director believes that an employee may have acted unlawfully in the purported performance of his or her MI6 duties, the Director may act in an appropriate manner according to the circumstances, including handing the case over to congress or the Country President.
7) MI6 employees, including the Director, must make an oath of office and an oath of secrecy before commencing their duties.Section IV: Duties and Powers
8) MI6 shall conduct investigations collecting, analyzing, and retaining information on activities that may be suspected of constituting a security threat to eUK.
9) MI6 may investigate the capabilities, intentions, and activities of individuals or foreign states.
10) The Director, or any employee designated to do so, may ask for the removal of the forum access of any eUK citizen, and personally take other appropriate measures, if that citizen is suspected of being a threat to the security of eUK.Section V: Disclosure of Classified Information
11) MI6 may provide security assessments, an evaluation on the reliability of individuals and their loyalty to eUK, to the various Ministers of the Government of eUK and advise any Minister on eUK security matters relevant to their position.
12) With Government approval, MI6 may form arrangements with government Ministers in order to carry out its duties and enter into agreements, which may entail the provision of security assessments, with the governments of foreign states or international organizations.
13) MI6 employees may reveal information from which the names of informants or undercover agents may be inferred only in order to fulfill their duties mentioned above or in order to help conduct a criminal investigation or as otherwise required by eUK law.
14) Revealing this type of information under any other circumstances is a crime and punishment can and will be carried out.Section VI: Government Oversight
15) The Country President and/or appointed ministers shall be given the authority to approve the requests of the Director as well as to issue specific instructions for MI6 to carry out.
16) Each month the Director must produce a report to Congress outlining its activities for the past month and including the instructions and approvals of the Country President and/or appointed minister.
17) Congress may overturn the decisions of the Country President and/or appointed minister if a minimum of 66% of votes cast approve.
18) Congress may also give instructions to or request additional information from the Director.
19) The Director will have a veto over these decisions, as well as over the amendment or repealing of this act, which can be overturned by Congress if a minimum of 66% of votes cast approve.
The following is a rough outline of some of the duties MI6 employees would perform
- Monitor foreign news/shouts
- Monitor new citizenship requests
- Monitor individuals of “interest”
- Monitor forum posts to ensure proper rules are being followed
- Multi Hunt
- Monitor the Monetary Market for unwanted influence
- Monitor the safe guarding of all tax payer assets
- Investigate all forms of cyber attacks against eUK citizens and the government